Catalogs, Categories & Products Overview. OmniChannel Commerce uses an association of 3 data groups to determine members of a catalog - catalogs, categories, and products. The categories are the "middle association" that links products to catalogs. This allows greater flexibility in data organization especially for multi-channel businesses with large databases. It works well for smaller businesses as well.
- Catalogs and categories as the primary tools for organizing products
- Important tools for managing multiple websites with multiple product lines
- Tagging products with categories
- Associating categories to catalogs
- Each catalog has one or more categories assigned to it
- Products appear in catalogs based on their tagged categories, which in turn are members of catalog(s)
- Use of meaningful naming conventions